Is there a limit to how many groups you can have in ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
10-06-2016 08:41 AM
EthanGomberg
New Contributor III

We have around 50 groups in our Organization's AGOL account. Recently, whenever we create a new group and then want to share maps with the group, the group name doesn't even appear as an option. Is there a limit to how many groups you can have?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number of groups per user with a public or organizational account: 512

Troubleshoot—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ethan,

There is no limit for the number of groups an organizational account can have. How do you have the group configured? 

Thanks,

Katie

EthanGomberg
New Contributor III

Katie, thanks for the reply. The problem was I was clicking on the new option in Group creation which says:

"

For some reason this was hiding group names in my list and not allowing me to add maps to the new groups. I removed this setting and now I am free to create new groups and assign map-sharing with them.

Thank you.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ethan,

I am glad to hear you were able to get your item shared with a group. For future reference if you create a group with the
"Members can update all items in this group" option the group will not show in the sharing dialog from the web map viewer or the item details page. The group will be available for sharing on the My Content page by selecting the item(s) and choosing share > Access and update capabilities.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number of groups per user with a public or organizational account: 512

Troubleshoot—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos