Is there a built-in service or application on AGOL to do Clip-Zip-Ship?

Jump to solution
03-12-2020 06:47 AM
alexistrépanier
New Contributor

Is there a built-in service or application on AGOL to do Clip-Zip-Ship? I want to know what is the easiest way with esri tools to do clip-zip-ship on an interactive map online. Thanks !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi alexis trépanier‌, 

Have a look into the Extract Data—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation  widget. It gives you multiple options for clipping data by extent or a drawn area. This assumes that the layer has the ability to be exported enabled. I hope this answered your question. 

Shane

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It would be best to ask this in the ArcGIS Online‌ space for a better chance at getting an answer/suggestions from users in that space!   Hope this helps.

ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi alexis trépanier‌, 

Have a look into the Extract Data—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation  widget. It gives you multiple options for clipping data by extent or a drawn area. This assumes that the layer has the ability to be exported enabled. I hope this answered your question. 

Shane

alexistrépanier
New Contributor

Hi Shane !

Thanks for the answer. So maybe I'm still a little uncertain of the different ESRI products, but I feel like extract tool need you to have access to the server to retrieve the data. What I would like is to publish a map with some layers on an open website and for people to be able to download the data with that 'Extract Data' tool.

I have low experience with ESRI products could you help me understand if that's possible and what products I would need?

Thanks !!

0 Kudos
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi alexis trépanier‌, 

Have a look into the Configure security settings—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation. There is a number of settings such as Sharing, Searching and Allow Origins that can be configured to enable use within the public. 

Shane 

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.