Is it possible to merge existing AGOL accounts with new SSO accounts?

Jump to solution
09-02-2015 01:35 PM
ToddAtkins
Occasional Contributor

We just setup SSO for our organization and we already have existing accounts in our AGOL. Is it possible to merge an existing account with the new SSO account?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Todd,

While there's currently no way to merge accounts, I have a script that migrates items, groups, role, and profile info from one account to another that can be used for this purpose. This script is unsupported, so please test before using to confirm it works in your environment.

See the Enterprise Logins section of this page on the ArcGIS Organization Administrator's Wiki for details:

Maintenance Tasks: Members · Esri/ago-admin-wiki Wiki · GitHub

If you haven't run python scripts on your machine before see this page for help:

Set up your machine for python admin scripting · Esri/ago-admin-wiki Wiki · GitHub

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Todd,

While there's currently no way to merge accounts, I have a script that migrates items, groups, role, and profile info from one account to another that can be used for this purpose. This script is unsupported, so please test before using to confirm it works in your environment.

See the Enterprise Logins section of this page on the ArcGIS Organization Administrator's Wiki for details:

Maintenance Tasks: Members · Esri/ago-admin-wiki Wiki · GitHub

If you haven't run python scripts on your machine before see this page for help:

Set up your machine for python admin scripting · Esri/ago-admin-wiki Wiki · GitHub

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
BrianO_Donnell
New Contributor

Hello,

It's been 5 years since this question was asked. Have any new features been implemented that would allow one to map and/or migrate users when switching to SSO logins?

Mike_calpoly-SLO
New Contributor

I'm seconding this request re: if there's any new information on whether ESRI can now support a migration for existing accounts to new Enterprise SSO accounts.