Select to view content in your preferred language

Is Color Palette available on arcgis Map Viewer?

04-12-2023 12:17 PM
Labels (1)
KFung_TLC
New Contributor III

Maybe I missing something, when I edit the color of a feature on Map Viewer (not the "classic") only the Color Ramp (see attached) is available. I do not see to option of "traditional" Color palette (the one that usually occurred on ArcMap desktop, ArcGIS Pro & "map viewer classic").

Is that mean only color ramp is available for Map Viewer? Can I add "color palette" to Map Viewer or I can only use that on "classic"?

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ken,

It depends on how the features are styled. For example, if they are styled using Counts & Amounts (Color), you'll see the color ramps.

BernSzukalski_0-1681334796668.png

If style using unique values, you will see the color picker.

BernSzukalski_1-1681334881966.png

While not the same as Classic, it's the new color picker in Map Viewer.

0 Kudos
KFung_TLC
New Contributor III

Thanks Bern appreciate your response. I agree Color Picker is the default for Map Viewer and (theoretically) more powerful, but in practice it's not that user-friendly--who is going to remember the combination of RGB or HSV of every color they use? Moving the cursor on Color Picker in order to "pick" a good color is too time consuming & impractical. With Color Palette, one can just pick & choose some "standard" color for their mapping purposes. Color ramp on unique value, on the other hand, has too few options.

If not, I just hope ESRI can add the "classic" Color Palette to Map Viewer as an option--who knows when "classic" will retire like the way ArcMap does?

Ken

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski

I appreciate your feedback, and also would agree - it's easier to pick from set of color options and reveal other options as advanced capabilities. I'll make sure the dev team gets the feedback. You can also add this to ArcGIS Online Ideas:

https://community.esri.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/arcgis-ideas

so others can comment and vote it up for action.

BernSzukalski

I wanted to add that a dev team member did underscore that the color picker will evolve, and eventually a defined color picker will be introduced.

0 Kudos
KFung_TLC
New Contributor III

Thanks. Finger crossed & see how that will work.

0 Kudos