Impossible to add uploaded content to my map

Jump to solution
05-18-2012 01:27 AM
JacopoGuerrini
New Contributor
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create an online map with some content I correctly uploaded from ArcMap 10 ("Create Layer Package") to My Content.

But if I choose Add -> Find Layer -> Find "Campionamenti_C21" In: "My content" I get a "0 results found" message.

Note: the layer is online and it has public access permissions (http://www.arcgis.com/home/search.html?q=Campionamenti_C21&t=content)

Thanks in advance
JG
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Layer packages can't be directly added to a web map. The things you can add to a web map are:

• ArcGIS Server services

• WMS services

• ArcGIS Online hosted services (currently in beta testing)

Files that can be imported into a map are:

• Shapefiles

• CSVs files

• GPX files

• KML files

So, the way you would get your data to display on a web map are:

• Publish your data to ArcGIS Server.

• Publish your data to ArcGIS Online via an organizational subscription (fee based service due to release in 3rd quarter)

• Create shapefiles of your data and import them onto a map. Due to browser limitations, you can only load about 1000 features onto the map.

hope this helps,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffAzevedo
New Contributor
I would suggest changing the access so you could try "My Organization" and see if that doesn't give you a different result.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Layer packages can't be directly added to a web map. The things you can add to a web map are:

• ArcGIS Server services

• WMS services

• ArcGIS Online hosted services (currently in beta testing)

Files that can be imported into a map are:

• Shapefiles

• CSVs files

• GPX files

• KML files

So, the way you would get your data to display on a web map are:

• Publish your data to ArcGIS Server.

• Publish your data to ArcGIS Online via an organizational subscription (fee based service due to release in 3rd quarter)

• Create shapefiles of your data and import them onto a map. Due to browser limitations, you can only load about 1000 features onto the map.

hope this helps,

Mike
0 Kudos
JacopoGuerrini
New Contributor
Ok, thanks Mike. I've imported the river network of my region, but I've a projection problem, such as an offset of about 50 m; the projected reference system is Monte Mario Italy 1. In ArcMap I don't have such problems.

I'll open a new post!

Edit: I've solved my projection problem converting the Shapefiles to UTM WGS84 32N. Now the offset is 0 m.
0 Kudos