???Identify??? in the ArcGIS Online,

Jump to solution
02-17-2014 10:55 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
???Identify??? in the ArcGIS Online,

I couldn???t figure out how the ???Identify??? is working in the ArcGIS Online. I just clicked the features but nothing popped up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31533[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue here? How the identify is working in the ArcGIS Online?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnPlunkett1
New Contributor III
I noticed you said you loaded it up as a tiled service

To get the attribute table in ArcGIS Online, you will need to reload it to ArcGIS Online as  a Feature Service
Once you have done this in AGOL add the data to an existing map/new map

Click on Content
in the Table of Contents
Click the small dropdown arrow next to the feature
Click Configure Popup
You can then select what information you want to popup when a user left clicks on the feature

Hope this helps

Regards
John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Jamal,

what type of feature service is that? Is it something you have uploaded or added, via a link, from a server? Usually you should be able to setup a pop-up box. Can you click on the word "UrbanMasterPlansLanduse" and dig deeper?

Is it possible for you to share a link to the map or is it not for the public?

Tim
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal,

what type of feature service is that? Is it something you have uploaded or added, via a link, from a server? Usually you should be able to setup a pop-up box. Can you click on the word "UrbanMasterPlansLanduse" and dig deeper?

Is it possible for you to share a link to the map or is it not for the public?

Tim

Thanks Tim

It is web map.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31559[/ATTACH]

The link is
http://molg.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7995bd04f4834b78ae5bed3efb8933ca

what might be the issue that no pop up?
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Jamal,

can you post a screenshot of what happens when you left-click "UrbanMasterPlansLanduse" in your map's contant table? The layer doesn't load for me, when I open your map.

Tim
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal,

can you post a screenshot of what happens when you left-click "UrbanMasterPlansLanduse" in your map's contant table? The layer doesn't load for me, when I open your map.

Tim

Thanks Tim for the prompt help.

Please, try it now:

http://molg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=f6fa12db64624f0895b6eb7a85ba78...

in principle, is there particular requirements for the Type or Share of the tile to apply the identify?

Should the type be web map, web mapping application, tile, features or shape file?

Should the share be: shared or not shared, everyone or organization?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31603[/ATTACH]
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Jamal,

to allow people seeing your shared organizational maps you need to do the following.

Go to your organization settings page. Once you are there, click on Security on your left and then check "Allow anonymous access to your organization." Once you have changed this setting, I am would be able to see your map. At the moment I can't.

To be able to allow pop-ups, your type should be either feature service , shapefile and I think tiles. Read more here.

Tim
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal,

to allow people seeing your shared organizational maps you need to do the following.

Go to your organization settings page. Once you are there, click on Security on your left and then check "Allow anonymous access to your organization." Once you have changed this setting, I am would be able to see your map. At the moment I can't.

To be able to allow pop-ups, your type should be either feature service , shapefile and I think tiles. Read more here.

Tim

Many thanks Tim for the help,

I have switched the settings as you have advised. I hope you are able now to access it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31626[/ATTACH]

By the way, I have it in Tile format, nevertheless, the �??identify�?� is not working.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31627[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]31628[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue here?
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Jamal,

it seems there are no attributes attached to the layer, that's why you can't add a pop-up (see attachment).

Tim
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal,

it seems there are no attributes attached to the layer, that's why you can't add a pop-up (see attachment).

Tim

But how come there is no attributes. Please, have a look on the attribute table of the layer at the ArcGIS Desktop

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31652[/ATTACH]

What other issues should I consider?
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett1
New Contributor III
I noticed you said you loaded it up as a tiled service

To get the attribute table in ArcGIS Online, you will need to reload it to ArcGIS Online as  a Feature Service
Once you have done this in AGOL add the data to an existing map/new map

Click on Content
in the Table of Contents
Click the small dropdown arrow next to the feature
Click Configure Popup
You can then select what information you want to popup when a user left clicks on the feature

Hope this helps

Regards
John
0 Kudos