I need to edit my Storymap, but it doesn't appear on my account (My Stories). How can I get access?

02-28-2018 04:44 PM
zelishoja
New Contributor

I summed everything up in the title. I logged in and can't find my Storymap anywhere in my account. I followed the steps in the FAQ, but I still don't have access to it in My Stories. I had the link saved, so I have it up on another tab, but there's no edit button...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Zeli,

It could be that someone accidentally swapped ownership of the Story Map to another user in your organization. If the Story Map is public, are you able to provide the URL of the story map? We may be able to get to the Item Details page with that information and check who owns the content.

- Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
zelishoja
New Contributor

Thanks Rachel. I'm writing this in my phone so I hope it works: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=4f51be223f184c26ab2a85d9a1345b50

0 Kudos
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Zeli,

Thanks for the link! I used the title on the first page and searched in ArcGIS Online to find this page:

www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=4f51be223f184c26ab2a85d9a1345b50

It looks like the item is listed as being owned by the username "zshoja14". Are you logging in with this username when you try to access the item?

- Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
scottkirchner
New Contributor

Hi Racheal.  I saw that you had solved someone elses Story Map problem so I thought i would reach out to you.  I have been working a storymap for several weeks.  but now when i open the storymap from arcgis online, I can only view.  The button to EDIT does not appear.  Any help you can provide would be great

0 Kudos