Select to view content in your preferred language

Hyperlink not working in AGOL but works as expected in Pro

631
2
Jump to solution
06-16-2023 09:32 AM
WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

So I launched the Plans and Drawings Solution and have run into a problem with the hyperlink feature of the Document Path field.  I open the Map Viewer and from the selected features pop-up when I click on the Document Path {docpath} hyperlink, I am looped back around to the original Map Viewer screen again.  I was troubleshooting possible causes and found no fix, everything within the pop-up layout looks correct.  I then opened the same map in ArcPro and the pop-up works as expected.  This result tells me that the file path is correct and the pop-up is correct also.  What could be the issue with AGOL? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The web viewers will not honor filepath links, only URLs to https:// paths. Any invalid URL is auto-rewritten to the map's own address.

It works in Pro because Pro is running on your local network. For AGOL to read the file path, the AGOL server would need access to your file directory, which it most certainly does not. If you need the files available via the web, consider either using attachments on the features, or else storing the plans in a location that can be exposed to the web.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The web viewers will not honor filepath links, only URLs to https:// paths. Any invalid URL is auto-rewritten to the map's own address.

It works in Pro because Pro is running on your local network. For AGOL to read the file path, the AGOL server would need access to your file directory, which it most certainly does not. If you need the files available via the web, consider either using attachments on the features, or else storing the plans in a location that can be exposed to the web.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

@jcarlson Thank you so much for the response.  I see the issue and have already begun the migration of files to a web storage location and works as it should on both platforms now.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos