How to tell Workforce Which Column of Feature Layer to Use In Location When Creating Assigment

Jump to solution
06-26-2018 06:18 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey, 

I have just created a feature layer online, and this feature layer has hundreds of features, and there is about 20 attributes in this table for each feature.

I want to select a feature on the web map, and assign the task to a worker. When I select a feature and click create assignment, it auto populates the LOCATION field with the feature layer name. I am wondering if I am able to modify what data is inserted here, as I would much prefer to pass an assetID accross.

Is this possible?

Location Field Question

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattVRobinson
Esri Contributor

The location field in Workforce when creating an assignment uses the Pop-up title for that particular feature layer from the Workforce Project web map. If you add the assetID field to the pop-up title, it should pass through when creating an assignment.

Check out the Project Creation Tips > Tip: Customize feature pop-ups here:

Tips for project owners—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Generic Text in Pop-up Title:

Generic

Field Name in Pop-up Title:

ID

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MattVRobinson
Esri Contributor

The location field in Workforce when creating an assignment uses the Pop-up title for that particular feature layer from the Workforce Project web map. If you add the assetID field to the pop-up title, it should pass through when creating an assignment.

Check out the Project Creation Tips > Tip: Customize feature pop-ups here:

Tips for project owners—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Generic Text in Pop-up Title:

Generic

Field Name in Pop-up Title:

ID

BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey, Thanks for the detailed reply. 

Yeah it seems to have eventually worked fine, but it was not applying the changes instantly for some reason. It wasn't until I came into work the next day that the changes filtered through entirely. 

Cheers!

0 Kudos