How to revert symbology changes in Webmap?

Jump to solution
12-11-2018 01:10 PM
ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi. I have added a feature layer to my webmap, configured a bunch of things, like popup, etc... Also, I configured the symbology to override the default symbology I had created in Arcmap. Now, I have decided that I want to switch back to using the default symbology of the map service. There does not appear to be a way to do this via the user interface. Am I missing it?

I'm aware that I could simply delete the service from the map, and re-add it in order to go back to the original symbols, but this is problematic. I would then loose all of my configurations. This could be extensive, especially with highly customized popups. 

Thanks

15 Replies
ZorbaConlen1

Awesome! Thanks Mike.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Zorba Conlen At the next update of AGOL, you will see a new option that allows you to use the default style set on the layer.

Your feedback helps make AGOL better!

Mike

AllenScully

Hopping on here to ask if this works in Portal (10.7.1) as well? I see the 'Set Default Option' as well but it is not doing quite what I thought.  I can troubleshoot, it may be another issue on our end, but wanted to confirm that in Portal, clicking the 'Set Default Option' supposed to revert back to whatever the service-level symbology is?

Thanks - 

Allen

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Allen,

That is correct. I'd suggest getting in touch with tech support if this isn't behaving as expected.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mike, Kelly, Katie and team...thank you!!  This saved me much time today. I'd been keeping an eye on this. Thanks for tracking and implementing. I just used it and it worked perfectly.  

Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am wondering if this "set default style" functionality is available in new Map Viewer.

Also, is it possible to set label style to default service level style?

Thanks,