Select to view content in your preferred language

How to Resolve Incompatible Vertical Coordinate Systems for Voxel and Scene Layers in ArcGIS Online?

yesterday
Labels (1)
JV_
by
New Contributor

I'm trying to add two features to my ArcGIS Online scene, but I'm encountering vertical coordinate system compatibility issues. The first feature I import is ok, when  I try to import the second it gives an error depending on which one was the first. If I starts with the 3D Point features the error message states, "Voxel Layer has an incompatible vertical coordinate system. The height model (gravity-related-height) must match that of the scene (ellipsoidal)," and if I upload first the voxel layer de error says, "Scene Layer has an incompatible vertical coordinate system. The height model (ellipsoidal) must match that of the scene (gravity-related-height)."

But when I check both layers have the same vertical system that I have created by copying an existing one and subtracting 0.07 :

JV__0-1722504352850.png

How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey JV

Would it be possible to try republishing these layers using a different Vertical Coordinate system to see if this works?

I saw the following Support Article which matches this error and so may provide help - https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/error-scene-layer-has-an-incompatible-vertical-coordin...

Hope that helps,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
JV_
by
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I recreated the entire model and ensured everything was in the same coordinate system, but it still gave me errors. I tried using ETRS89 without any modifications, but it still didn't work. In the end, I managed to do it by importing each feature individually rather than the entire scene. Is there any information on how to correctly import voxel layers, features (3D points), and raster data into a web scene? If I need to do this again, I'd like to follow the correct procedure.

0 Kudos