Select to view content in your preferred language

How to remove the OAuth 2.0 in Web Map App

09-12-2023 11:05 AM
Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

Hi,  I have a Web Map App.  Recently I see a "Oauh 2.0" in the Web Map App Overview page.

There is description saying "A registered OAuth 2.0 application.  May use premium or subscriber content" when I click this "Oauh 2.0) icon.

How do I know which of my content is "O Auth 2.0" application, and how do I remove this ?

Thanks for any help!

Da-Wei

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

Sharing this documentation that might help clarify your questions with information about OAuth 2.0, the industry-standard protocol for authorization. 

https://developers.arcgis.com/documentation/mapping-apis-and-services/security/oauth-2.0/

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

As I (somewhat dimly) recall, back around the June update, perhaps earlier, there was a behind the scenes change that exposed the OAuth badge on some applications. To remove that, you can go into the app settings and unregister it.

BernSzukalski_0-1695057970794.png

0 Kudos
Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

Hi, Thank you so much.

Do you know where can I find those options ?  I cannot see this in my web app setting page as the following.

Thanks.

Da-Wei

New-3.JPG

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

If the app is registered, you will find that in Settings > App registration:

BernSzukalski_0-1695068312241.png

0 Kudos
EvanHayes
New Contributor

Was solution ever found for this?  I recently ran into the same issue with an application I use frequently.  Out of nowhere, somehow it now has the OAuth 2.0 lock, and I don't see those settings shown above to remove it.

0 Kudos
Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

I just created another webapp builder to replace the one has problem, and it solved.

But I also created an experience builder app to replace the old one.

Da-Wei

0 Kudos