How to Move points by just updating x,y in my web map

03-03-2016 09:43 AM
Jose_LuisGarcinuno-Oporto
New Contributor III

I have a web map where I have a feature service (points that represent our workforce out there), right now the way How I update their location is going to the web map, edit the points feature and move the point that belong to that person to the location where I had been told he/she is going to be, then Supervisors through Dashboard can see that : What I would like to do is, get through a text message their new location (x,y or a reference point in a specific formatt almost done with this, storage in a table SQL table where i have ID, X, Y, Date, Time) and then update the feature (point) without manually do it, maybe this can be done through a jave script which take that file(table), join it to the feature class start editing sesion, update the x,y according the join
and the values in that table, close the sesion and Done!, It maybe a crazy idea but looking for comment and eventually for a help. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jose,

Take a look at Workforce for ArcGIS.  With the initial beta release, Workforce for ArcGIS will be available on iOS, quickly followed by the Android platform. There are also plans to make it available on Windows 10 in subsequent releases.

Workforce will give you the functionality you are looking for.  You can see where your field crew currently is, and allow dispatchers to create assignments for them while their in the field.

0 Kudos