HOW TO MAKE LIVE THEMATIC MAPS?

02-07-2018 11:17 PM
AkhilChhibber1
New Contributor II

https://nfinfra.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=019ef1958ebc4c7fb7b701bb7bf6b6e6 

The link provided above shows web map which I have prepared. We are doing household survey for the shapefiles as shown in the webmap.

Actually the thematic map shows the shapefile in which survey is completed and survey not completed(based on colour coding). The information regarding survey i.e. attribute table is updated every day.

Is there a way that I could link the table of shapefiles with our data base such that the thematic map gets updated(live).

I want the thematic map to change as the survey is done i.e. update the thematic map automatically or live thematic map.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Akhil,

How are you collecting your survey data? Is it updating the shapefile? You can look at overwriting the service with an updated shapefile: Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

or editing the values in the published feature service to show the updates.

If you have an ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Server installation, you can use a feature layer that is connected to an enterprise geodatabase which is updated.

Tutorial: Publishing a map service—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

-Kelly 

0 Kudos