How to edit ZFactor of an AGOL SceneService published from a Feature Service

09-05-2023 07:51 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

I have been asked to migrate some SceneServices from one AGOL organization to another.  The scene service seems to be published from feature services, which are themselves published from service definition files, all present in the source AGOL organization.  

The process I'm following it 1) download service definition file from source AGOL.  2) Upload service definition file to target AGOL, creating a feature service in the meantime, and 3) publishing a scene service from my target AGOL FeatureLayer.  

The feature layer published from the service definition has a single layer which is multipatch.  However, when I publish the SceneLayer, the underlying service lists a ZFactor of 1.  If I look at the scene service on the source AGOL instance, the ZFactor is .3048 (meters to feet).  Because of this discrepancy, the elevation of my scenelayer is incorrect. 

I'm curious if I'm able to edit the ZFactor, either on the target feature service before publishing as a scene service, or on the scene service directly.  Or do I have to do something else in order to correctly migrate these layers between organizations. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would recommend publishing from Pro like the layers were originally published from. In this case Pro is sending some additional properties that are not stored in the .sd file that is generated.  You can use 7zip extract the map project that you can open in Pro and republish the SL and feature layer from Pro with the set zfactors. 

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately I don't have access to the original map projects (unless I can extract it from the service definition).  That's why I was hoping there was a way to edit the zfactor in place.  The only other option I can think of would be to export the FeatureService layer to FGDB, bring that multipatch layer into pro, and then republish from there.  But I'm not sure what other elements from the service definition I might lose in that scenario.  I wasn't the original publisher - I've just been asked to migrate the assets from one AGOL env to another. 

0 Kudos