How to download 3d scene from agol to local pc?

07-27-2021 06:51 AM
VaL
by
New Contributor III

Hi all

My organisation has a 3d scene hosted in AGOL. It is a building 3d scene. 

Now we want to publish the same scene in our local portal. 

What is the best way to do this?

How can I download the 3d scene data from agol? 

One way I imagine is downloading the 3d data and republish from arcpro to our portal. 

Is this the best way or there is something better?

thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

exporting scene layer packages from scene layers is currently not possible. Do you have the building scene layer slpk did in your organization?

If you have the content available you can download the data and then upload to your portal.  If you are familar with playing around with web scene JSON you can copy the JSON from your Online web scene and use that in your portal and just update the reference to the portal layers.

0 Kudos
VaL
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Russel. 

I am new to 3d scenes. I don't have access to the original 3d data or slpk. To anything really. 

Also please elaborate on the JSON option. Do I have to have the data and what's the relationship between scene layer and the scene package?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The JSON option is just using https://ago-assistant.esri.com/ to copy content from one portal to another. This wont copy service data to the portal and you will need to make sure the JSON used is referencing the layer correctly.

0 Kudos
VaL
by
New Contributor III

I am confused about some terms. 

What's the difference between the content and the layer in the example above?

If I use this tool to copy the JSON what gets copied and what won't? If it doesn't copy the service data, where do I get it from?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

the content can be a web scene, map, or layer.

Just the JSON which is the web scene configuration. The scene layer will still exist in Online and you wont be able to export the scene layer out of Online.

0 Kudos
VaL
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for your help.

So if I don’t have the data making the 3d layer I won’t be able to do the full migration from agol to our portal. Is that so?

on the other hand if I have the data making the 3d layer, I can have the scene reconstructed so to say in our portal, using the json, but updating the defences in it to point to our portal, not to agol.

Did I get the above 2 points right?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup you got it! 

0 Kudos