Select to view content in your preferred language

How to configure feature display name MapViewer Editor when multiple features are selected?

Jump to solution
04-02-2024 12:51 PM
rmcooper_wcpss
New Contributor III

When editing features in the MapViewer, if you select multiple features at once, the user is presented with a list of features from which to select. The features are listed using an attribute value from each feature. However, I am unable to determine where to configure what field should be used when listing multiple features in the Editor interface. In the example video below. I am using the Select tool in Editor to select a location where there are multiple overlapping points resulting in multiple features being selected.

mapviewer-editor-troubleshoot-1.gif

I have tried changing the title for the layer's popup both in the map and on the service, but that has no impact on the field that is used to list the features.

I have checked the service for a display name. There's not one set and I don't think that would be relevant in this case.

I don't see anything in the MapViewer's Editor settings that enable configuration of this value.

The styling of the layer in the map is not based on the field used in the Editor>Multiple features list.

I would like to be able to specify the field that is used for this list. Any ideas how to do that?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @rmcooper_wcpss

You were on the right track by checking the service for a display name. This is based on the display name - when one is has been configured. Configuring the display field is not supported in Map Viewer at this time. You can set it in ArcGIS Pro prior to publishing the service, or in this case you could set it in Pro and overwrite the service. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @rmcooper_wcpss

You were on the right track by checking the service for a display name. This is based on the display name - when one is has been configured. Configuring the display field is not supported in Map Viewer at this time. You can set it in ArcGIS Pro prior to publishing the service, or in this case you could set it in Pro and overwrite the service. 

rmcooper_wcpss
New Contributor III

Thanks @EmilyGeo. I had only noticed the display name option on the Feature Service, but not on the layer itself. Because the Feature Service had been published via Survey123, I was a bit hesitant to do any messing around with settings in Pro. Maybe it would have been fine, but instead I update the layer definition (Feature Service>Layer>Update Definition) via the admin interface on the ArcGIS REST Services Directory. That appears to have worked!