How to change the editing permissions on arc online

Jump to solution
06-18-2021 12:02 PM
LauraRaposo
New Contributor II

Hello ESRI Community, 

I am working on arc online at the moment and I want to update an attribute table, although I don't think the layer is editable at the moment. How do I change the editing permissions so I am able to update some of the info held it in. This map is being used in a dashboard as well, so I didn't want to export it as a new editable feature (so I wouldn't have to re-do some of the associated graphs that are in the dashboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated) 

Best,

Laura 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Re you working on hosted feature layers?

In Item Details > Settings, you may enable editing. Please check the steps in Manage Editor Settings - Hosted Feature Layers   (do not enable public data collection). It can be executed by the owner of the item.

Enable the minimum editing capabilities required.

JayantaPoddar_0-1624044399162.png

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Re you working on hosted feature layers?

In Item Details > Settings, you may enable editing. Please check the steps in Manage Editor Settings - Hosted Feature Layers   (do not enable public data collection). It can be executed by the owner of the item.

Enable the minimum editing capabilities required.

JayantaPoddar_0-1624044399162.png

Think Location
LauraRaposo
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta 

Thankyou, that worked perfectly 🙂 

Best,

Laura

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Great!

Could you accept the post as a solution? This would highlight the post as "Solved", and help other users looking for a similar solution as well.

Think Location
0 Kudos