How do I add a new record to a hosted feature service

Jump to solution
12-08-2017 03:51 AM
Kunle_Adesida
New Contributor II

I need to add some records (GPS Points and attributes ) to an existing published feature service. Please, how can achieve such that it can also reflect on the Web App where the hosted feature is a layer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kunle,

This was new functionality that was added with the latest ArcGIS Online update on December 6th.  If you go to the details of your hosted feature service you should see Update Data.  Once you click this you will see and option to Append Data to Layer:

You can then browse to a CSV or a zipped shapefile/File Geodatabase:

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kunle,

This was new functionality that was added with the latest ArcGIS Online update on December 6th.  If you go to the details of your hosted feature service you should see Update Data.  Once you click this you will see and option to Append Data to Layer:

You can then browse to a CSV or a zipped shapefile/File Geodatabase:

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you need to make sure that you do not have "Sync" enabled on the HFS that you want to complete this with? I was looking at this feature; as we would find this very helpful for some of our workflows.

From within this page, you'll find this text. Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

"You can't append data to a hosted feature layer that has synchronization or change tracking (Keep track of created and updated features) enabled."

Need to spend some time with some test data testing the correct workflow and see if there are any adverse affects. I like this ability and keep up the great work on additional capabilities.