Select to view content in your preferred language

How do ArcGIS Online users (Editors) without ArcGIS Pro edit metadata?

05-18-2020 10:00 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a number of ArcGIS Online users that routinely edit data. I want the users that are editing the data to complete the metadata since they are most familiar with it. But I can find no way of enabling these users to make edits. As the Administrator and data creator I can plainly see the Metadata Editor open when I click on Metadata, so it is set to be edited. But the users just get the non-editable xml when they click on Metadata. These users all have the Editor class of ArcGIS Online License and editing has been enabled on the data layer.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After a considerable amount of digging through ArcGIS Online documentation I think I found the problem.

Only Administrators and Data Owners can edit metadata in ArcGIS Online. 

In my case this is a problem because I will have to change data ownership over to someone and they must must be the User Type of Creator. Once they are finished editing metadata then they must change data ownership back to me, the Administrator.

If anyone has found a better solution I would love to hear it.

For organizations that have enabled metadata, the Metadata button is available to item owners and ad...

0 Kudos