How can I use the TimeSlider widget to pause within a specified time frame for the rest of the web application session?

Jump to solution
03-10-2017 08:42 PM
LauraNessman
New Contributor

I want to be able to use the TimeSlider widget to select a time frame and then pause it there for the rest of the web application session. 

I want to do so in order to then be able to edit within that time frame only showing those points within those dates and be able to print a PDF showing only data within specified timeframe. 

Is there a way to do so? Or any alternative methods?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Laura Nessman‌  Can you provide more details on your use case? For example, is there a reason you can't just pause the time animation and work with the data at that point? 

Another option might be to use the filter capability to filter the map by the desired dates. 

Apply filters—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KellyHutchins

Laura Nessman‌  Can you provide more details on your use case? For example, is there a reason you can't just pause the time animation and work with the data at that point? 

Another option might be to use the filter capability to filter the map by the desired dates. 

Apply filters—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

City_of_LakelandGIS
New Contributor III

It would be wonderful if the Time Slider Widget could have more added functionality, much like the advanced options when working with time enabled data in the web map.  As there been any thought in adding greater functionality?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Most of the advanced settings are used in the Time Aware app if they are specified in the web map and saved. Currently the only one we don't support is the option to save time within the map but we'll add support for that at the next release. 

0 Kudos
City_of_LakelandGIS
New Contributor III

Kelly,

I am not sure if this is the best forum or perhaps the ideas forum is.  But within the Dashboard Web App Builder, if the infographic widgets could be time sensitive that would be amazing.  I was looking to use this template for a "replay" of our electric utility's system outages and rosters during the recent hurricane Irma event.  Unfortunately the infographic widgets read only the base data and not the display (time filtered) data on the map.  It would have been slick to have the number of outages and percentage as a whole change as the time slider played.  Do you know if ESRI is working on this capibility?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I'm not familiar with the Web App Builder Dashboard. Someone in the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS‌ space may know more. 

0 Kudos