Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted FeatureLayer: If I delete records with attached pictures, why the size is still the same?

06-22-2023 07:28 AM
PanGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Hello!

I am asking the above, because I have a layer that is being updated daily through Survey123: inspection on assets with a large number of daily records, each of them with 6/8 pictures. The service was neglected for a while and now we reached 48.000 records (a related table with no geometry, only attachments). circa 21.GB of pics

I backed up everything and now I started to delete.

I cannot delete at once as it results in a server error so I delete in batch.

I managed to delete more than half of the records but the size of attachments and the size of the service is still the same and it is consuming the same amount of credits for storage. I started on Monday so a couple of days already passed, it cannot be that the server is still synchronizing.

CMD_VehicleServiceSize.jpg

What could I check?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Pan

I am not sure but this might be something that you should raise to your distributor's Technical Support particularly if you note this behaviour on other layers, however, it could be a difficult issue to replicate.

If you are concerned about the cost of credits and this is not changing, then it might be worth having your backup of the layer, and then upload a new trimmed down version of this. You could then proceed to delete the original layer.

Hope that helps,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
PanGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Hi David,

I solved this by downloading the data from the service and overwriting it.

Now the size of the service and the attachments are reflecting the real size.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos