hosted feature layer changes table records

257
2
Jump to solution
04-14-2020 12:33 PM
ElizabethZizzamia1
New Contributor III

I’m working on a simple point layer with dates, cases and death values. It starts off as a csv, then in Pro I export to point layer to my project database. It looks great until I share it as a web layer. When I check it on AGOL, the attribute table shows a shift by one day. So for example (Screen shot) the data should start on 1/22 and end on 4/13, but as you can see the online version starts on 1/21 and ends 4/12. It shifts all the values off in the same direction so the totals from 4/13 are showing on 4/12.

 

I have completely started over 3 times and tried publishing every way I know how and it still happens. It also happened from 2 different files. I really can’t imagine how or why it does this. Any experience in dealing with this? Any help is super appreciated.

THANKS! Beth

Here's the link to the shared layer

https://services.arcgis.com/ak2bo87wLfUpMrt1/arcgis/rest/services/UR_COVID_USA_Time_Series/FeatureSe... 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Honored Contributor

You're running into the issue where unless otherwise specified, times on AGOL are assumed to be UTC instead of local time. While in Pro, open the properties of the layer and click Time. Select the Layer Time, Time Field, and the Time Zone.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Honored Contributor

You're running into the issue where unless otherwise specified, times on AGOL are assumed to be UTC instead of local time. While in Pro, open the properties of the layer and click Time. Select the Layer Time, Time Field, and the Time Zone.

ElizabethZizzamia1
New Contributor III

Hi Ken,

This absolutely worked. THANK YOU SO MUCH!  It is annoying that this is the answer as I actually don't want the time option enabled. Once it was published I disabled the time option in the item details page.

Thanks again, Beth

0 Kudos