Select to view content in your preferred language

Help with georeferencing many images - how do I turn off boundary and footprint?

Jump to solution
05-04-2023 06:39 PM
HenryUnderwood1
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm trying to georeference historical maps in our area to overlay with other data. I opted to use a mosaic dataset because I thought it would help with editing and building it out over time. When publishing this as a tile layer, it automatically turns on the "Boundary" and "Footprints" items, which I would like to hide. They show as green and red in the image below.

Any idea how I can turn these off? Or, is there a different approach I could take?

Work in progress product is here: https://swrpc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/sidebar/index.html?appid=c3a2a080596445f089b8fd94156128e2

Item is here: https://swrpc.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=d3e7ffb4404646ecbb433728fce3aaf2

HenryUnderwood1_0-1683250522922.png

HenryUnderwood1_1-1683250752475.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Try to re-publish it but without including the boundary and footprints. I think it is enough to turn them off in your map when you publish the layer. Publish the boundary and footprints as separate layers if you need them for your use case.

In ArcGIS Online you would need to have ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online to be able to host Mosaic Datasets. Now you have published a hosted tile layer and that kind of layer is good for visualization but it does not support turning individual layers on and off.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Try to re-publish it but without including the boundary and footprints. I think it is enough to turn them off in your map when you publish the layer. Publish the boundary and footprints as separate layers if you need them for your use case.

In ArcGIS Online you would need to have ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online to be able to host Mosaic Datasets. Now you have published a hosted tile layer and that kind of layer is good for visualization but it does not support turning individual layers on and off.

HenryUnderwood1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. I previously published from ArcGIS Pro and I think I had boundary and footprint visibility off. When I republished, I probably forgot to do this. I will confirm the next time I update the tiled layer.

I wasn't aware of the additional hosting product. Thanks for mentioning it. 

0 Kudos
KeonMonroe
New Contributor III

I also have this question. I tried hiding the Footprints + Boundary but that did not hide them once published. I also tried making the outline color in the mosaic dataset transparent. Only the imagery is visible in GIS but once published the footprints (in lime green) still appear. I am publishing a cached map service using ArcGIS Image Server - this behavior does not occur if I publish as an Image Service. 

0 Kudos