Grandfather Old ArcGIS Online Level 1 Viewer accounts?

Jump to solution
03-01-2019 01:16 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ArcGIS Online recently changed the user types from 2 options to 5 options. We purchased a few viewer accounts and editor accounts(Level 1&2). We did this so that people could use the Explorer app out in the field without changing any features. Now we can't access the app from those logins. Is there a grandfather program because we prepaid for these accounts and now we can't use them with the apps. Kinda defeats the purpose of even having them now. Do I really need to upgrade to Field Worker accounts which I don't really want because these people don't need to edit or change things out in the field.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

Explorer does not require a Creator role so you wouldnt need to purchase the field apps bundle. Level 1 users are converted to a Viewer user type and this user type should be able to access Explorer just as you did before. If you are having issues with this workflow let me know if I can help further or log a case with Technical Support

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RoyMiller
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt! 

Yes, the accounts should be grandfathered in with Level 1 accounts converting to Viewers and Level 2 accounts converting to Creators.  For more information, check out this article which introduces the new user types:

Introducing User Types 

I would talk to Customer Service and ask them if the accounts got transferred to the new user types correctly. 

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

Explorer does not require a Creator role so you wouldnt need to purchase the field apps bundle. Level 1 users are converted to a Viewer user type and this user type should be able to access Explorer just as you did before. If you are having issues with this workflow let me know if I can help further or log a case with Technical Support

Colin

Regards,
Colin
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I created a new viewer account and was able to use the Explorer app. I think some of the confusion is from the website not listing the Explorer app. ArcGIS Online Subscriptions | View & Compare User Types . Still not sure why all of our existing accounts no longer work. Getting this error ‘you do not have the membership level required. Contact your administrator’.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

This sounds like a bug. Can you contact Support to help triage and get something logged if reproducible? 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos