Select to view content in your preferred language

Georeferencing in AcrGIS Online

11-04-2010 01:59 PM
JeffLucas
New Contributor
Are you able to georeference a photo file within ArcGIS Online, similar to way you can in ArcGIS stand alone?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

mminami-esristaff‌, Andrei Ivanov I see this thread has had no development since 2011.  Has georeferencing been implemented in ArcGIS online yet?

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Georeferencing has not been implemented in ArcGIS Online.  However, ArcGIS Pro supports georeferencing. Georeferencing tools—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop. As far as I know, there are no plans to implement georeferencing in ArcGIS Online. You might submit an idea to solicit more feedback on this feature. https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks.

I'm currently visiting a remote community that have no GIS experts so I am trying to give them a little bit of training using just AGOL to get them into the world of GIS.  Would have been great if we could have integrated georeferrencing as this is a functionality they have asked about.  I guess once they have a handle on AGOL someone can start looking at ArcMap.  Sadly ArcPro requires to much computer resources for here.

0 Kudos