Select to view content in your preferred language

[Filter: keyword] IanNewman's post body matched "russia", board "arcgis-online-questions".

08-26-2022 12:25 PM
IanNewman
New Contributor

[Filter: keyword] IanNewman's post body matched "russia", board "arcgis-online-questions".

Post Subject: Re: WGS 1984 Web Mercator Layer Differences

Post Body:

Hi Tom, 

Thanks so much for your response! Unfortunately I cannot provide the shapefiles at this time due to the information being more sensitive. However, I took your advice and the projections of the shapefiles are all correct and consistent. The geometry looks good and two are aligned together in the same position (the ones in Russia) and one is way out in the ether. I started a new map in pro and added the shapefiles and the same thing occurred. Plus I made sure to set the map frame to the same projection. I haven't zipped the shapefiles though and uploaded via Online web interface yet so I can try that method out this afternoon. 

As a backup do you know if there is a method to publish a map made in Pro using a NAD 1983 StatePlane projection to ArcGIS Online StoryMaps as an interactive map? If I'm able to do this, it would save quite a bit of time and effort and nullify my previous issue.

Thanks Again for Your Help!

Ian 

Body text "Russia" matched filter pattern "russia".

Post by User[id=612615,login=IanNewman] has message uid 1206892.

Link to post: Re: WGS 1984 Web Mercator Layer Differences

0 Kudos
0 Replies