Select to view content in your preferred language

Features disappearing when uploading to AGOL

Jump to solution
12-12-2014 03:53 AM
HåvardMoe
New Contributor III

The situation is like this: I have a map document with a map that I want to share with my organization on AGOL. When I upload, a large part of my data has gone missing...

In ArcMap, the layer comes up with 3578 features

After exporting to AGOL (sharing as a feature access service), the AGOL layer shows 442 features.

(I upped the "Maximum numbber of records returned by he service" parameter before sharing, to be on the safe side)

Anyone know what's going on here?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
HåvardMoe
New Contributor III

Thanks for looking into it, Mike. As I understand, the issue is with AGOL loading the data?  Is it possible at this point to say what kind of data may trigger this kind of behaviour? I'm planning on a series of related data for publishing to our organization in January and may have to do a "laundry script" on the data to get them through...

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Håvard Moe

The problem is with null values in the field LOC_ANGLE. Internally, null values are represented as NaN in the file geodatabase, but the cloud database doesn't accept NaN, and thus fails to load the data. Also, because we load records in bulk, an error in one record will cause the group to fail. That's why you get only a small subset of your records, even though there are only a handful of Null values.

So the workaround is to replace those null values with a real number, like 9999 or something. Then, once loaded, you can edit the values to clear them out.

The fix will be released at our next update, Q1 2015. Thanks for sharing your data so we could find the problem.

Mike

HåvardMoe
New Contributor III

I'm glad our data could be of any assistance. Also many thanks for explaining the cause. It is also good to know what the problem was, and as a temporary fix we can do a check on null values before uploading data. That would be easy enough in a script.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem. I published my feature dataset and it would be missing some points.  I ended up creating an AGOL editing app and adding the missing points there.

0 Kudos