Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature service geometry

Jump to solution
11-11-2015 01:15 PM
WightmanAdmin
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to publish a feature service that includes the geometry fields, SHAPE_Length for example, with no luck so far.  Am I missing something here or is this not possible?  Thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KyleBalke__GISP
Frequent Contributor

Looks like the Shape_Length (and other geometry fields) are not published with a feature service...work around would be adding a new field to the attribute table in ArcMap and store the length in that field which will then be accessible in ArcGIS Online.

Related thread

SHAPE.Area field in a feature service

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KyleBalke__GISP
Frequent Contributor

A little more information regarding the issue would be helpful...how are you publishing the data (from ArcMap, Shapefile, CSV, ect...)?  It is possible the field is simply turned off for viewing in the pop-up and/or table.

Kyle

0 Kudos
WightmanAdmin
Occasional Contributor

I am publishing the data from ArcMap.  It is a feature class in a FGDB.  The SHAPE_Length field is turned on in ArcMap when published to ArcGIS Online, but is not available (missing) from the pop-up configuration on ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Frequent Contributor

Looks like the Shape_Length (and other geometry fields) are not published with a feature service...work around would be adding a new field to the attribute table in ArcMap and store the length in that field which will then be accessible in ArcGIS Online.

Related thread

SHAPE.Area field in a feature service

0 Kudos
WightmanAdmin
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks!

0 Kudos