Feature layer view from Portal shows no records when displayed in AGOL

Jump to solution
10-19-2021 04:35 PM
jdiggity
New Contributor II

I created a hosted view layer in Portal and I tried to display it in ArcGIS Online but despite there being records in the source feature layer, in ArcGIS Online there are "no features" displayed. 

I tried recreating this scenario with other feature layers and they worked so I'm stumped. The only notable difference is that the view layer that isn't showing any features is based on a Survey123 layer. 

I have a suspician that the stakeholder feature layer has something to do with this but I can't find any literature.

Your help would be much appreciated.

TIA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jdiggity
New Contributor II

Update:

I found the following article which though not explicitly defined for my scenario above, seems to suggest you do not need to create a view layer for a feature service originally created by Survery123 Connect. Rather, you use the auto-generated "stakeholder" view layer to share the survey results to the public. Any settings such as view definitions etc should still be applied to the stakeholder view. However, when it comes to changing view permissions to the stakeholder view layer, it would appear they recommend that you control that using the Collaborate>Share Results section of Survey123. 

If anyone from ESRI is reading this, I do believe there is an opportunity to improve the communication of this aspect.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000019065

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jdiggity
New Contributor II

Update:

I found the following article which though not explicitly defined for my scenario above, seems to suggest you do not need to create a view layer for a feature service originally created by Survery123 Connect. Rather, you use the auto-generated "stakeholder" view layer to share the survey results to the public. Any settings such as view definitions etc should still be applied to the stakeholder view. However, when it comes to changing view permissions to the stakeholder view layer, it would appear they recommend that you control that using the Collaborate>Share Results section of Survey123. 

If anyone from ESRI is reading this, I do believe there is an opportunity to improve the communication of this aspect.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000019065

0 Kudos