Export Feature Service with Attachments

Jump to solution
06-26-2012 02:40 AM
ODAMapping2012
New Contributor
Hi,

I've got a feature service with attachments enabled (it's a point layer with photos on that can be edited in the field and photos recorded using an ipad) that I'm trying to export out of arcgis online.
Every way that I try to export it doesn't include the attachments, is it possible?

Many thanks,

Andy
Tags (2)
54 Replies
LeonScott
New Contributor II
ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2 will support "Creating a local copy" of the service that will also contain the attachments.

Thanks,

Mike

I have 10.2 Desktop running, when I run "Edit Features"->"Create Local Copy for Editing" from the context menu of the service it is not bringing over the attachments. Is there another tool that I am missing?

Leon
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
You are accessing a hosted feature service right? Did you enable the Sync option?

As I understand it, there may be a bug in Desktop here. The desktop team is investigating it and would make any fix available in a service pack release. Is it possible for you to share your service so we can reproduce the problem? Maybe giving us the steps you used to create it would help...

On the ArcGIS.com side, we are working on exporting directly from the website to a FGDB, which would contain the attachments. Scheduled for release at this point, by the end of the year.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
BrianFlood
Occasional Contributor
if you are looking for on-demand or continuous backup of your Feature Service data/attachments, you could try out this new service:

http://www.arc2box.com

It connects to your AGOL account and exports your data to your DropBox account. It's free now during beta testing but we're targeting a low subscription price ($9/month)

cheers
brian
MikeStonewall
New Contributor

Brian,

This looks like a good a solution. Can you please send more info on getting "signup coupons"?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
TrilliumLevine1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike,

Not sure what you mean -- what are signup coupons?

0 Kudos
LeonScott
New Contributor II
I do have the sync option enabled.

To access the data in Desktop I do the following
1)  Log into organizational account for ArcGIS.com
2) Access item details for my feature service
3)  Select Open->"Open in ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop"
4) Open the downloaded ArcGIS Portal Item file
5)  Open "Edit Features"->"Create Local Copy for Editing" from the context menu of the service

I was curious why the Open menu on ArcGIS.com specified the 10.1 version, but that I figured that was nothing.
If you need access to my service to reproduce the problem, please contact me and I'm sure I can make that work.

And for the record, exporting directly to FGDB would be great!

Leon
0 Kudos
senemfidan
New Contributor
While I'm trying register to Arc2Box it gives an error "A valid coupon is required for the Arc2Box Beta program"

So Is there anybody  who knows what's the coupon?

My purpose is via this Arc2Box to download whole my attachments from Arcgis Online to dropbox with features id.
0 Kudos
BrianFlood
Occasional Contributor
hi

we're going to move to an open beta very soon, in the mean time if you want to test the service please send me an email directly (bFlood at arc2earth.com )

We're moving some of the internal parts around to make it more efficient for multiple Org users to backup the same data. We also want to support different backup file types (shp, geojson, kml, FGDB etc) At the same time we're layering some new functionality over the top of the service, more info to come next week

cheers
brian
0 Kudos
AlisonKuemmel
New Contributor
Good afternoon,

I have come across this need in my organization. I know the newest updates came through this week, was this addressed in any of these updates to ArcGIS online?

Thank you,
Alison
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm updating this answer based on the current version. You can export to a file geodatabase that will contain the attachments.

Navigate to the item page of your hosted feature layer.

Find the layer you want to export features and click the small arrow next to the name to reveal a context menu, and export the data to a file geodatabase. You can then download a ZIP file of the geodatabase, that will contain the attachments

---------------

Original Reply

Export of attachments is supported through the API only at this time. It was not included in the update this week.

You can navigate to the REST endpoint of your service, like this:

http://services.arcgis.com/xxxx/arcgis/rest/services/states/FeatureServer

Click Create Replica
Specify the Layers by index number e.g., 0,1,2 (this service above has 5 layers)
Set the boolean values to true.
Sync Model = none
Data Format = FileGDB
Click Create Replica.

This will start a process that will yield a zip file you can download.

Thanks,

Mike