Select to view content in your preferred language

Existing layers showing "Error occurred loading this layer" at random

Jump to solution
07-13-2022 05:37 AM
Labels (1)
MGT8C2U
New Contributor III

Several existing layers in three different hosted feature layer groups started showing this error.  Seemed to happen at random, as no changes were made to them.

I tried removing them and then adding back in.  This seemed to work after saving map, but when closing and opening back up, the error remained. 

I have overwritten hosted feature layer from ArcPro.  This did not help.

I tried removing the hosted feature layer entirely from AGO and re-published.  Strangely, this did not fix the issue either.  Error showing for same layer, but not others. I have never had this issue unless there was an error publishing or overwriting layer from ArcPro. Any thoughts?

We have had more problems with ESRI products in the past several months than I have in the past several years. 

16 Replies
Juan_Toro-Killion
New Contributor III

Desperately looking for a solution to the same problem, @CPaulman . It seems that clearing caches and switching browsers does not permanently fix the problem. I've also noticed it's happening on different hosted feature layers every time, and it multiple web apps that are pointing to different web maps. Has anyone heard of this issue happening because of a limit on how many hosted layers you can have in a web map?

0 Kudos
DavidVines
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue at my organization now. Using a Firefox browser worked as did clearing my Chrome cache but would like to find a more permanent solution.

0 Kudos
AndrewHankinson
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue, sporadically getting on error stating 'An error occurred loading this layer' but only for some users. 
I can access the same web map with the same layers via AGOL, in map viewer, via the web app and via field maps on my device with no error. 

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

I get this error when I overwrite one particular feature layer. I need to overwrite regularly and this is causing a lot of trouble, because I need to reconnect several items when this happens. Does anyone know what might cause this? 

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

There is nothing wrong with the overwritten layer. It is perfectly fine - It's just that any connection to it in a map or dashboard breaks. 

Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

Just to add, I was experiencing this same error. Noticed that my DataStore somehow was out of sync and missing the layers that were erroring out. Once I Synced Layers inside the datastore, they appeared back in the DataStore, and therefore was able to connect to the WebMap / WebApp I am creating.

SarahWillett
New Contributor III

Hi Amarz! We are experiencing the same issue that in a web map/app a given layer that was overwritten says "An error occurred loading this layer" but I can view the layer on it's own or in a fresh web map/app just fine. We'll try syncing our layers inside the Data Store. Thanks for the possible solution!

0 Kudos