Select to view content in your preferred language

Esri Solutions: Gassystem - Unable to add new subgroup Values in Fittings

07-05-2023 08:04 AM
neomapper
Occasional Contributor

I downloaded the As-Built solution on Esri and I am trying to add a few more vales to the Fittings layer  Asset Group but it's not allowing me to add new values. Is this normal and are there any workarounds?

neomapper_0-1688569109756.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

I downloaded the solution and give it a quick test and edits are working fine on my side.

Could you please access the GasSystem layer settings and check that editing permissions have not been disabled?

editingpermissions.png

Thanks,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
neomapper
Occasional Contributor

Edits work great on my end but I can't seem to add additional values to the Asset Group field for some reason. If I open the Fittings layers in ArcGIS Pro and click on the Asset Group dropdown there are pre-populated values.

0 Kudos
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Ah I see, this is because the layer comes with subtypes enabled. You will need access to the underlying feature geodatabase to remove or make edits to this which is not possible with the layer as is from ArcGIS Solutions.

I would recommend exporting the layer from ArcGIS Online then in ArcGIS Pro you can load the exported layer and make changes via the subtypes via the Data tab

Subtypes.png

Once this is sorted you can publish or overwrite the previous layer.

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos