ESRI Roads Basemap Updates

02-08-2021 07:19 AM
DamienFinkbeiner
New Contributor II

I'm wondering how long it takes for updates to be made to the streets network. We're working with a client on routing their snowplow trucks and they have new subdivisions that they would like us to include. We're using the ESRI Road Network to create the routes and being new construction those roads are not in the yet. I have submitted feedback to the Vector Basemaps Feedback Web Map and am curious how long it usually takes for updates to be made. 

6 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Is your client actively submitting data?  It depends on how they have the submissions set up but it's certainly not in real time.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DamienFinkbeiner
New Contributor II

What exactly do you mean by actively submitting data? We submitted areas of roads that were added to the Vector basemaps feedback map, but have not submitted any line work or anything. Is there a place that we should be doing that?

0 Kudos
DataKarisa
New Contributor

Thanks for the tag @JoeBorgione  Hope you are well. 🙂

@DamienFinkbeiner  Great to meet you! I see Joe added some references to our Community Maps Program. I can help with questions if you have any. @SethSarakaitis is our Program Manager too, if you'd like to connect with him. We recently put together a webinar that might interest you. It can help you learn more about the program: https://www.esri.com/en-us/landing-page/product/2020/experience-esri-s-community-maps-program

@SarahOsborne Can you help with the Street Network question? Thank you!

DamienFinkbeiner
New Contributor II

@DataKarisa and @JoeBorgione Thank you very much for your help. This info has given me a much better understanding of how this program works. 

@SethSarakaitis or @SarahOsborne Would either of you be available to discuss this further for my organization?

0 Kudos
ssarakaitis
New Contributor II

We'd love to have a conversation on this topic!  email me at ssarakaitis@esri.com and I can arrange a call to discuss the best option.

Seth