Select to view content in your preferred language

Esri Maps for Office 3.1 Power Point 2010 Issue

02-08-2016 09:21 AM
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone had issues with Esri Maps for Office 3.1 and 2010 Office. I am specifically having problems with Power Point. It constantly crashes and unable to open presentations. I check the settings in the config file but I did not have double http listed. Any recent updates that are known issues? Office 32 bit, Windows 7 64-bit computer.

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DougCampbell
New Contributor III

Claire,

I have many questions about this product also. It consistently hangs for me if asked to display AGO web maps where I've added layers from the web, but there's no documentation that says not to do this. If I use a simple map with just a kml it will load the base but I get an error 403 forbidden error for the KML.

Even without that once a valid slide is built I've had meetings where once the load button is touched it just displays the loading button forever with no dynamic map.  Egg on face to the point where I can't use it or recommend it to any production staff.

My expectation is that if a web map performs in the browser in AGO it should work as a PowerPoint slide or there should be clear limitations disclaimers in documentation and error reporting.  I really want this integration to work well but I guess I'll just keep waiting.

0 Kudos