Error trying to open Hosted Feature Service

Jump to solution
06-12-2023 11:04 AM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to open a Hosted Feature Service in my Organization ArcGIS Online account and it is not letting me access it. Just last week I was able to open it by just clicking on the Hosted Feature Service but it's not letting me this week. 

Can anybody give me any suggestions as to why? 

I plan on using this hosted feature service to hold data collected for Hurricane damage assessment. As it works with my GNSS unit. 

SLouq_0-1686592980056.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

It's doing this again.  Made 2 layers from Excel upload last week, now can't open them properly outside of a map.

SAME EXACT THING!

Any new advice? I had hoped ESRI would have fixed this by now?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayLarsen

This again! So annoying. Many have had this happen to us over the last month or so. It seems to be a glitch that happens when we create layers from Excel.  They are created properly, even used and edited. And if you go into a map with the layer, it works and you can even bring up the table.  But, you can't edit or see the other tabs by opening from content.

There's one official fix: export it as a file geodatabase, and then re-import it. Also, what worked for me, was just not doing anything and it automatically fixed itself. So, depending on your timeline and what you have to do with it, pick your option. Some have also had luck with opening the layer on a different browser and platform. I opened it first with Firefox on a Mac, and after that everything was fine.  Don't know if it was coincidence.

Maybe start a support call with ESRI and see if they have anything better to do now? I think they seem to know something is goofy on their server-side.

Very frustrating. Good luck!

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply Jay!

Yes it's been going on for maybe a month now. It does seem to fix itself after awhile also and I can access the feature service though ArcGIS Pro and through my Android tablet. Just can't seem to access it through my organization's ArcGIS Online account. I am using Chrome but did try opening it in Microsoft Edge but still same results. Very annoying.

JayLarsen

Oh, one other thing in the folklore of this bug: try clearing cache in the browser.  Some have had luck with that. My office forced use of MSFT Edge a while back, and many report that more of this weird stuff happens due to that. It's always something.

Cheers! Let me know if you hear any better solutions, you never know when this bug will strike.

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

I tried that little folklore too! It seemed to work for a little while but doesn't seem to be working lately. I just contacted an ESRI rep and they will submit a ticket for me regarding this issue. It's been happening all day today too. 

JayLarsen

It's doing this again.  Made 2 layers from Excel upload last week, now can't open them properly outside of a map.

SAME EXACT THING!

Any new advice? I had hoped ESRI would have fixed this by now?

0 Kudos