Erroneous results produced by 'Query widget'

05-20-2021 09:11 AM
SimonCrutchley
Occasional Contributor III

I am using Portal 10.8 and Web App builder to create a simple app for viewing and accessing heritage data. One query I need to run relates to the period of the various features, many of which are multiple e.g. BRONZE AGE\IRON AGE\ROMAN. I have tried using the filter with 'CONTAINS' and multiple defined options (see attached 1 & 2). When I select BRONZE AGE the query correctly finds those features that include BRONZE AGE, but when I select ROMAN, the query finds almost all the records (attached 3), although there are only 5 ROMAN records. 

Using a single search and entering ROMAN as a defined entry, finds the correct 5 records (attached 4).

Can anyone think why this might be happening, and what I can do to resolve it?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
SimonCrutchley

As noted before, this is data that is meant for the public domain in the long term, so I'm wondering whether I might share the shapefile and get you to load it and build the query? I realise that's asking rather a lot, but I just don't seem to be able to add feature layers with my personal account, and we've already established that you can't access my work account, even when shared with the world. What do you say? Thanks

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go ahead and send it, I'll see what I can do.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
SimonCrutchley

Thanks very much. Let me know if anything doesn't make sense.

0 Kudos