Each time 19139 metadata is saved new items are added to Resource Constraints tab

01-10-2023 01:06 PM
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

I have metadata for a hosted feature layer in AGO using ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification.  When I go to Item Details > Metadata and make a change (or don't make a change) and click Save, then open the metadata again, I see "1 2 3" added to the Resources > Constraints tab, as in the image below:

ColForbin_0-1673384639623.png

Every time I save, close the metadata editor, and then re-open it, these numbers grow to 5, 7, 9, etc. even though I am not adding more items to that tab.  Is this expected behaviour?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, 

I am like 99.9% certain that the metadata online editor pictured in your provided screenshot is ArcGIS Metadata and no ISO 13139 (which is a subset of ArcGIS metadata) - to view ISO13139 you can launch the "view" link from the metadata online editor, and depending on your portal settings will launch the HTML rendered ISO13130 in a new tab. 

As for the growing numbers, I'm curious if you selected the down button highlighted in the screenshot below?  Looking at your provided screenshot I would interpret that there are more than 3 resource constraints as the down button is available to select... so maybe that will help you confirm what's available and therefore "expected behaviour"

NinaCehak_0-1673400454190.png
Metadata sure is confusing though!

Regards, 
Nina

0 Kudos
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Nina.  To clarify, the setting for our organization in ArcGIS Online is to use ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification.  That may not be relevant but I thought I would include that detail.

That down arrow that you highlighted actually just cycles through the 1, 2, 3 tabs.

It just seems really odd that each time I save the metadata, it adds 2 more tabs to that Constraints tab.

0 Kudos