Select to view content in your preferred language

Draw Polygon Search in Zone Look Up not sending a Result

06-28-2024 11:03 AM
CiaraMarleneKeenan
New Contributor II

Hello,

I configured a Zone Look-up Instant app to get results from 2 layers. About a week ago the app's Draw Polygon Search capability was working but when I checked it today, it stopped working. I have cleared my history, readded the map & Esri locator, played around with the configuration again & it still doesn't work. The Point and Line searches work but not when an intersecting distance is applied. The Polygon search hasn't been working with or without an intersecting distance.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@CiaraMarleneKeenan 

are you able to share you app?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I setup a test app to see if I could repro the issue but no luck. In this app the draw a polygon search is working. If your app is public can you share the link? If not can you describe your data a bit more and let me know how you've configured the app? Attached is a screenshot of the relevant portion of my test app config

https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=159cd1e42d0a458b965e159c60aa695b

CiaraMarleneKeenan
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, I can't share the app yet. However, I have configured the app the same as you with 2 polygon layers.

CiaraMarleneKeenan_0-1720039925821.png

I tried your test instant app & could not replicate the draw polygon search. I keep getting back no results. Am I the error? lol Do you mind sending me your steps to get a result with the draw polygon search?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

You have to make sure the polygon you draw completely contains the features you are searching for? In my test app here are the steps to get results:

1. Click the Polygon draw tool 

2. Click on the map to create sketch points that will make up the polygon 

3. Once you've defined the search area with the polygon tool double-click to finish drawing

Then if the polygon you drew contains features you should see the results appear in the side panel

CiaraMarleneKeenan
New Contributor II

I was able to get a result with your steps. Thank you!

The only thing is that I need this to work as a true intersection. I just tried configuring the application with "Features Within Zone" instead & set the draw polygon search tool to intersect with the 2 layers. However, the only way I can produce a result is if I draw the polygon around the entirety of feature.