Domains aren't showing up in AGO

07-28-2014 10:09 AM
DaveMenaker
New Contributor

Created a file GDB in 10.0 (so I can't share from Desktop). GDB has one point feature class with a handful of fields and domains. Tested on desktop and worked great. Uploaded to AGO, created a map, and my domains don't show up. What did I do wrong or what am I missing?

0 Kudos
40 Replies
TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II

Randy,

I just tried again with an empty 10.3 file geodatabase, and the domains are not showing up in AGOL.  It appears that this is still an outstanding bug.  //@mminami-esristaff

--Tim

0 Kudos
RyanRish
New Contributor II

I can confirm that this bug still exists.

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

And in 2018, this bug still appears to exist.  A zipped file.gdb publishes fine to our 10.4.1 Portal but not to AGOL.  

I'm hesitant to move to portal 10.6 to lose this capability.

0 Kudos
JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Mike Minami,

I'm using AGOL to upload a zipped GDB (v. 10.2.2), but am still not seeing the domains I've specified on the GDB loading in AGOL. As you stated, this was to be addressed in Nov/Dec of 2014. Any resolutions or workarounds for this process yet?

Thanks!

Jacqueline

0 Kudos
City_of_Edgewater__Fl_GIS_Div_
New Contributor III

We've used MXDs to upload our feature services and the domains have always been present

0 Kudos
RyanRish
New Contributor II

How are you uploading your MXDs? I'm attempting to make a feature service in ArcGIS Catalog/Desktop, move it to ArcGIS Online, then use it within the Collector App. I intermittently (not consistently) lose domains when Sharing as a Service.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Use an MXD with the feature classes you want to upload, they will become one feature service together. Sign in to ArcGIS Online, under File there is an option to Share as Service. On the menu select Publish Service => Capabilities => Feature Access

This creates an editable feature service with associated domains

0 Kudos
RyanRish
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. However, this is the exact process that is dropping the domains intermittently (about 85% of the time).

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

That has not happened to us, we are using ArcGIS 10.2.2 and file geodatabases with the feature classes created in feature datasets, what are you using?

0 Kudos
RyanRish
New Contributor II

I'm using:

File Geodatabases

Point Feature Classes

Long Integer Fields

Domains within those fields

coded values within those domains

0 Kudos