Select to view content in your preferred language

Displaying CAD data in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
08-23-2023 01:28 PM
Labels (1)
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am trying to convert some CAD files to geodatabase files so I can upload them to my ArcGIS Online account. I can get the CAD file georeferenced in my ArcMap document but when I try to do the same in ArcGIS Pro it doesn't show. So then I ran the Convert CAD to geodatabase tool in ArcMap and it ran successfully but the output file still won't show in ArcGIS Pro so I tried sharing it to my ArcGIS Online account as a layer package and I can see the CAD drawing but it doesn't come into my webmap where I had it georeferenced in ArcMap. Can anybody help me on how I can get this to display in my ArcGIS Online web map?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @SLouq 

Have you had a look at the following?
Publish CAD data as a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online. Also, CAD data as ArcGIS Pro layers.

I hope the above are of help.

Miguel

View solution in original post

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

This sounds like a projection issue. When you bring the CAD layers into Pro, where do they show up (like in the middle of the ocean by 0,0 coordinates, or somewhere else)? In ArcMap, can you see what coordinate system they have assigned?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Oh, I get what you're saying now. From this toolbox:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/cad/georeferencing-cad-data.htm

Yeah, it took me a while to find that one in Pro, too!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @SLouq 

Have you had a look at the following?
Publish CAD data as a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online. Also, CAD data as ArcGIS Pro layers.

I hope the above are of help.

Miguel
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

This sounds like a projection issue. When you bring the CAD layers into Pro, where do they show up (like in the middle of the ocean by 0,0 coordinates, or somewhere else)? In ArcMap, can you see what coordinate system they have assigned?

0 Kudos
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have since figured it out in ArcGIS Pro. My issue was I hadn't done georeferencing yet in Pro and I didn't know how to activate the Georeferencing tab so I could Move to Display and Add Control Points. 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Oh, I get what you're saying now. From this toolbox:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/cad/georeferencing-cad-data.htm

Yeah, it took me a while to find that one in Pro, too!

0 Kudos