Display First and Last Name Instead of User Name

Jump to solution
03-15-2019 07:52 AM
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to change ArcGIS Online and/or Portal items so that the first and last name associated with an account displays as the owner instead of the user name? It's purely a personal preference, but I think a first and last name looks nicer and makes more sense to the lay person than a username.

screenshot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

This isn't possible currently but has been logged on the ideas site.

Here is a link to the idea: https://community.esri.com/ideas/11724 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I like this! If it's not already possible, it sounds like a good thing to post to the "Ideas" section of Geonet. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

This isn't possible currently but has been logged on the ideas site.

Here is a link to the idea: https://community.esri.com/ideas/11724 

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks, Kelly! I've up-voted the idea. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Maybe both?  The username is unique... so maybe more authoritative with regard to owner.

AmyRoust

I think it would be ideal to have the choice to do one or both. Kelly, thanks for the link to the Ideas page!

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson

Hi all, this would be great and I'm not quite sure if it's possible yet in Enterprise 10.8.x. We're using a web app to gather feedback from staff within our organization in Portal. For now we're having them type in their name and department manually with each comment submission, but it would be great if we could show the First and Last name associated to their user rather than the username itself (email address) when we show the recorded comments/"edited by" user.

0 Kudos