Select to view content in your preferred language

Dimension of a 3D cylinder not measured correctly in Arcgis online?

Jump to solution
11-03-2022 12:54 AM
JohannesBierer
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I've a problem with the measure tool in ArcGIS online. I exported a ArcGIS Pro (2.9.3) Scene to ArcGIS online and put the scene in the experience builder. In the scene there is a 3D cylinder with a hight of 450m and a diameter of 1000m.

But in the experience builder I can only measure a diameter of 650m instead of 1000m? See attached images ...

Any ideas what could be the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesBierer
Regular Contributor

There's an answer from ESRI. I've edited the 3D object in the wrong coordinate system (WGS 1984 Web Mercator (auxiliary sphere)) which causes the wrong measurements.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

can you share the web scene?

0 Kudos
JohannesBierer
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately I can't share it here in geonet. In addition I have delete the hole scene. But I could recreate it. Maybe there is a way to share it with you personaly?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

create a group and invite russell_jsapi into it have have the content there.

0 Kudos
JohannesBierer
Regular Contributor

There's an answer from ESRI. I've edited the 3D object in the wrong coordinate system (WGS 1984 Web Mercator (auxiliary sphere)) which causes the wrong measurements.

0 Kudos
JohannesBierer
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your help and I've invited you. I think the size of the half cylinder now look similar to ArcGIS Pro, only the measurement tool result in different meters?

0 Kudos