Deleting ArcGIS Online item - does not exist or is inaccessible

Jump to solution
10-02-2018 01:11 PM
KonradHughes
New Contributor II

I use a Python script that creates a new feature within my ArcGIS Online portal, that I later manually delete when I'm finished working with it.  Today my script was interrupted by a local network issue, but I found that at some point during the script execution, the new feature had been created.  When I clicked on the item details to see what it contained, I got the error "The item you requested cannot be found. The item may have been deleted or you may have entered an incorrect URL."

So I decided to simply delete this bad/empty feature from My Content, however when I try, I get the error "Item does not exist or is inaccessible."

I can still see the item in My Content, and the problem I'm running into now is that my original script cannot complete since there is already a feature carrying the name as defined in the script, which is a feature layer that several other of my applications depend on.  

I've tried several things, including writing a Python script to delete the bad feature, but nothing seems to work.  Is there a way to erase it from My Content?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Konrad,

I'd suggest getting in touch with support if the name exists but you can't delete it.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Konrad,

I'd suggest getting in touch with support if the name exists but you can't delete it.

-Kelly

Tom_Laue
New Contributor III

I’m experiencing the exact same issue and hoping for a solution.

I have a Python script to download features in a hosted feature layer to a geodatabase.  I purposely raised an exception to break the script (for testing) before the temporary AGOL File Geodatabase was deleted a few lines later in the script and in doing so, that File Geodatabase in ArcGIS Online cannot be deleted and is in the same limbo state Konrad described.

0 Kudos
ChrisCzerwinski
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue as Tom Laue and Konrad Hughes, anyone find a work-around?
Thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_Laue
New Contributor III

The content I could not delete back in October is now deleted from my ArcGIS Online.  I didn't do anything either--it just disappeared on its own thankfully.

0 Kudos
ChrisCzerwinski
New Contributor III

Thanks, I actually ended up putting in a ticket with ESRI.  

0 Kudos
DougKnight
New Contributor II

Were you able to make any progress with this issue?  ESRI told me to delete it from gw_items using the app id, which I did.  Reindexed the portal and restarted.  Content is still there.

0 Kudos
ChrisCzerwinski
New Contributor III

Not really.  I've just accepted it as a thing for now.  I had ESRI delete it once (24 hour turn-around).  The next time it happened I just let it sit in "my contents" and eventually it went away (couple months I think).  But as soon as it goes away, I get another one.... 

0 Kudos