Data Not Updating in AGOL (Updated everywhere else)

240
4
Jump to solution
11-19-2021 12:23 PM
Labels (1)
ArtK
by
New Contributor III

I am working on creating a feature service for my organization that will update once per hour with completely new data. It is point data and has a time stamp associated with it, so I can determine what is the new data and what is old. I was able to update in place the feature service on the server (ArcGIS 10.5.1 server). if I use the REST url it loads the new data in ArcGIS Pro same when I do a manual query on the REST service--the correct time stamps are there. But if I add it as a layer to AGOL it still displays the old time stamped data (even with a high refresh interval set). As though AGOL has it cached somewhere.  Anyone else ever deal with this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArtK
by
New Contributor III

I ended up using start/stop service (and delete service) from ArcGIS Server Administration Toolkit 10.1+ to delete the service and then publish the new data using the original publish service from MXD code I had been using. This seems to be working fine and fixes the weirdness I was experiencing trying to update the service. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ABishop
Regular Contributor III

Hello,

When you add it as a layer to AGOL are you uploading it or just opening a web map and then adding the layer using the REST endpoint URL?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
ArtK
by
New Contributor III

Hey Amanda, I registered it as a service with the REST endpoint URL. In an attempt to fix the issue, I've since removed that registered service inside AGOL and tried to just add the URL directly to a map and the same issue of outdated data occurs. Its perplexing. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
Regular Contributor III

As a test, republish the service as a hosted feature in AGOL with a different name.  Of course this means the data would be static and in order for you to update it, you would have to write a script, but could be that since you are publishing on ArcGIS Server then and making changes there, if the changes are reconciled to the service that is added in AGOL, it would be outdated.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
ArtK
by
New Contributor III

I ended up using start/stop service (and delete service) from ArcGIS Server Administration Toolkit 10.1+ to delete the service and then publish the new data using the original publish service from MXD code I had been using. This seems to be working fine and fixes the weirdness I was experiencing trying to update the service.