dashbord on phone

Jump to solution
08-12-2021 05:19 PM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a why to force the dashboard to load in landscape? Or is there a way to make my list view auto hide when in portrait? I tried to add my list elements to the side panel but it does not appear to support imbedding other elements.... ?  in short I need a why to make this look okay.....

forestknutsen1_0-1628814120837.png

land scape is a lot better but still not great on the phone.

forestknutsen1_0-1628819953761.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @forestknutsen1,

Is there a why to force the dashboard to load in landscape? Or is there a way to make my list view auto hide when in portrait? 

Unfortunately, both of these options are not available with ArcGIS Dashboards at this time. Sorry. Please review this help topic: Dashboards on your smartphone.

FYI, the ArcGIS Dashboards Dev team is actively working on enhancing the mobile user experience for dashboards in future releases. If you have specific requirements, please let us know.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

DerekLaw

Hi @forestknutsen1,

> It would be nice to have a way in arcgis online to detect what device was loading the map and it it is phone redirect to x ...

Please take a look at this blog, you can create 2 dashboards: one for desktop, one for mobile - then embed both in an ArcGIS Experience. 

Two dashboards, one intelligent URL 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi @forestknutsen1,

Is there a why to force the dashboard to load in landscape? Or is there a way to make my list view auto hide when in portrait? 

Unfortunately, both of these options are not available with ArcGIS Dashboards at this time. Sorry. Please review this help topic: Dashboards on your smartphone.

FYI, the ArcGIS Dashboards Dev team is actively working on enhancing the mobile user experience for dashboards in future releases. If you have specific requirements, please let us know.

Hope this helps,

forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Derek. It would be nice to have a way in arcgis online to detect what device was loading the map and it it is phone redirect to x.... but maybe that it too much

Maybe I can get what I need from an online app or an experience

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @forestknutsen1,

> It would be nice to have a way in arcgis online to detect what device was loading the map and it it is phone redirect to x ...

Please take a look at this blog, you can create 2 dashboards: one for desktop, one for mobile - then embed both in an ArcGIS Experience. 

Two dashboards, one intelligent URL 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Oooo.... I like that! Esri made me happy today! I was wondering how john hopkins covid 19 map managed dashboards for mobile vs. desktop. I was just about ready to go ask the developer that owns the outage landing page to do the device detection and url switching. 

0 Kudos