Cut/Merge polygons in Map Viewer & Experience Builder

07-20-2022 07:02 PM
williamsonsa_fultonhogan
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm hoping to get an idea on when Cut/Merge operations for editing polygons will be available in the edit widgets for ArcGIS Online Map Viewer and Experience Builder?

Understand that this capability is dependant on ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.x, but will be good to have a clear idea on when we can move on from relying on the Edit widget in Web AppBuilder, which is the only other way to do this in ArcGIS Online.

Thanks!

@Jianxia 

3 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@williamsonsa_fultonhogan  thanks for letting us know.  As editing is now supported in both 2D and 3D, considerable effort for designing and implementing advanced geometry editing like cut and merge is undertaken by JSAPI team. Thanks for being patient with us.

rachelm
New Contributor III

@Jianxia great to hear it is being worked on!

I want to raise an issue with the Cut tool when working with features in a relationship:

In WAB when cutting a hole in a polygon that has a relationship to a table, the hole remains related to the table and the larger polygon loses the relationship.

In Pro it is the opposite: creating a hole using Split preserves the relationship in the larger outer polygon, and the hole loses it. 

In the Experience Edit tool, is there any way that both features can retain the relationship?

williamsonsa_fultonhogan
New Contributor III

I've created an ArcGIS Idea relevant to this question. Please upvote it if you would like to be able to cut and Merge polygons too! Allow Cut/Merge operations when editing polygons a... - Esri Community