Custom web style in Map Viewer

Jump to solution
05-10-2021 11:57 AM
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

I've published a simple style from Pro to ArcGIS Online for testing.  It has just one point symbol created from a standard shape marker in Pro symbology.  I added the style to a Group and made that group the default 2D web style group in my organization's settings.

I added a point layer to a new map in Map Viewer (new, not Classic) and went to the Style settings, and the uploaded style was listed.  However, when I try to load its symbols, the interface just spins and spins.  Screenshot attached.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am following the guidance in this blog post.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/use-published-2d-symbols-in-arcgis-o...

@RussRoberts 

Kevin
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

thanks! we have an issue in to look at supporting additional sharing configurations for your styles. 

View solution in original post

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The issue was with the style file having some unsupported characters and Pro was not flagging or removing them on publishing time which caused broken resources in the web style. If you can update the the key field in Pro on the symbol to remove the illegal characters and republishing will fix the issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Kevin,

Can you share your web style and style file you published with me? Thanks!

0 Kudos
KevinMayall

Not seeing RussellRoberts1 in AGOL.  Another username?

Kevin
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

russell_jsapi is the one 🙂 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like I can repro the issue. It looks to be localized to the symbol styler failing to load a gallery with a shape marker symbol in it but if you use a picture marker symbol the gallery loads without issue.

0 Kudos
KevinMayall

Thanks!  So, would that mean that custom vector symbols are not available?

Kevin
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

actually scratch my above statement. Can you share the style with everyone along with the group and see if that solves the issue. 

0 Kudos
KevinMayall

Confirmed.  When I share the style to Everyone and the group, the symbols appear.

Kevin
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

thanks! we have an issue in to look at supporting additional sharing configurations for your styles. 

KyleOberg
New Contributor III

Will changing the default web style group under org settings add to available symbology options or will doing so remove existing default esri symbol sets available in map viewer?

0 Kudos