Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom Template in ArcGIS Online - Print Service Failing

02-07-2024 06:56 AM
DylanGussman_tt_eu
New Contributor

I am trying to create a print service in a web experience building using ArcGIS Online that uses a custom layout template. I have followed the tutorial on the below video but come into a problem. When connected to my enterprise portal I can share the "Export Web map" tool as a Web Tool but when I am connected to AGOL it is greyed out. Is it possible to share these as a Web Tool in AGOL or only possible in Enterprise?

Enabling High-Quality Printing in Web Applications (youtube.com)

Or does anyone know how to set up a custom print template on AGOL?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kbray_gis_
New Contributor III

What I found worked for us, was to publish this as a print service to ArcGIS Server/Portal, and then bring that service into ArcGIS Online as an item and use it that way instead of changing the default utility service in AGOL. Also, from memory if you are changing the default service it needs to be either asynchronous or synchronous for it to work? can't quite remember,

You can't publish print services to ArcGIS Online only portal or server, in the recent update in AGOL, if you have professional user types or professional plus, you can add your own custom layouts and print via that way as well: Customize your print layout experience in ArcGIS Online (esri.com)

0 Kudos