Custom symbols no longer working with Map Viewer out of beta

05-16-2021 07:28 PM
Labels (1)
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

When the current Map Viewer was in Beta, I was able to use custom symbols. Now that it is out of Beta, this no longer works. I can see my symbol styles listed, though when I select one, it endlessly tries to load.

Has there been a change to this functionality from Beta to Production?

I know there have been other issues with symbols not loading - Custom Web Styles in Map Viewer , though in this case the sharing is set to the Organization for both styles and group - and it was working in Beta.

@RussRoberts

Custom_Symbols.png

The style files were created in Pro from SVG files and published to AGOL. In the Organizations map setting the 2D web style group has been changed to a new group shared to the Organization with the published style files (also shared to the Organization).

Thanks,

Jamie.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is an issue we are looking into fixing for the next update. Right now switching the style to Everyone will fix the spinner/loading issue you see above. 

0 Kudos
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the reply @RussRoberts . Do you have any info on timing for the fix? Sharing with Everyone is not a viable solution for me. Thanks.

Jamie.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We are planning on having this roll out with the Online update coming out in July. 

GIS_utahDEM
Occasional Contributor II

Is there also an issue with using custom symbols with unique values rather than single symbols? I also had the spinning circle, which was corrected when I shared to everyone -- but only when I was using single symbol, and not unique values. Or is this a different problem entirely? 

0 Kudos
GIS_utahDEM
Occasional Contributor II

Is there also an issue with using custom symbols with unique values rather than single symbols? I also had the spinning circle, which was corrected when I shared to everyone -- but only when I was using single symbol, and not unique values. Or is this a different problem entirely? 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I haven't seen this with localized styles but with all and then fixed when shared to Everyone. We are working on the fix now for the summer update.

0 Kudos
LukeAllen2
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to use my own point symbol in the new map viewer? I don't see the option only the list of pre-selected, I remember it being an option in the map viewer classic though

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently this only possible through webstyles.

Chris_Rogers
New Contributor II

Are there any updates on this subject @RussRoberts or @BernSzukalski it would be nice to be able to add these directly in the New Map Viewer as well as see the list of available stock symbols expanded to include the other Utility Network Symbol libraries/galleries.

Thanks,
Chris

0 Kudos